Friday, April 27, 2012

Timberlake Trail

If you turn a number “8” sideways you might get infinity, but if drive down Timberlake Drive in Miami Whitewater Forest, you will find it makes the Timberlake Trail.
Noki and I have walked this trail a few times before the blog as well as this passed week to see what has changed.
In all honesty, there is just a little more green.  This is mainly because the trail seems to be very well kept.
The gravel on the trail gives it a solid walking path.  We walked the trail the morning of April 26, 2012, Thursday after it rained and had no trouble with mud due to the gravel.
The trail is a 1.4-mile figure-eight loop with a single path connecting it to the Timberlake Shelter parking lot.
There is also a small lake on this trail.  It is not the cleanest looking lake and in my opinion is often a downside.  Noki and I do not care for it; however, there is a bench right next to the lake and the view is still very beautiful.
Once, Noki and I saw a Blue Heron here, but from the opposite side of the lake.   It was gliding across the lake, and then it went up sharply and over the treetops.
This past week, we did not see anything as awesome as that.
We did see some pretty cool things on the trail though.  For example, an adolescent blue jay nearly took me off my feet when it flew just an arms length from my face.  I tried to take a picture, but Noki tried catching him and I had to catch myself from falling.
The flowers are pretty neat here as well.  Most are small flowers and some are becoming out-of-bloom.
This being said there is another downside to this trail.  If you start the trail from the Timberlake Shelter and take a right at the figure eight, you will come across a small field of poison ivy plants.  Fortunately, they are off to the side of the trail, but if you are one of those people that “catch it if it is in the air.”  You may want to take another trail.
This being said this is a nice, quiet trail in the heart of Miami Whitewater Forest.  Noki and I only saw a handful of people, as well as dogs, even on the best of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment